Thursday, May 16, 2013

Building a team; building a community.


I am kind of the unconventional soccer fan. I would go to games to have a beer with friends, or as an excuse to down some of Chatham's famous hot wings, but this new venture in Indy has really caught my attention. I remember first hearing about the soccer team coming to Indy back in January and, while I was excited, I never imagined the impact this announcement would have on our little Midwest mecca.  

I stood by and watched a whole community of soccer fans come together that I hadn’t even realized existed in Indy. It was such an amazing outpouring of encouragement for this new Indy business venture. I feel like the introduction of this team really made Indy shine on a national platform as such a strong and supportive community. I am hoping this support holds strong for many seasons to come.

I am ready to sit in the stands and scream my face off for some local soccer. I can’t wait until I have to figure out how to wash off all of the overdone face paint. Mostly, I am excited spend time with this fantastic community that has formed around the Indy Eleven. So, I want to hear your thoughts, your stories. How do you feel connected to the Indy Eleven? What makes you excited about this new local sports team?  

No comments:

Post a Comment